Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Working on the weekend - The Other Project.

Do you remember this display?

In my booth when I was the area retailer for Miss Mustard Seed
Milk Paint?

I had to give up the paint when my health started giving me fits and the fatigue was getting bad. I have since bounced back but the paint line is someone else's now.

 And the little cabinet that was the bottom of the display went into my guest bathroom where it's been for the last few months.
Until, I had an idea. Out with the little cabinet and in with To Be Announced. heh heh heh

Then

 Now

Then

Now. The white trim is American Paint Company Home Plate with a few drops of Sackcloth added.
The panels are Annie Sloan CoCo, Ce Ce Caldwell Old Ochre, and a light beige I mixed up with what I had on hand.

I had covered some of the old distressed areas with wax so those areas began to appear again with light sanding. Then it was Miss Mustard Seed Furniture Wax over the entire piece. I put a teeny bit of Antique Wax in corners but lightly, lightly, as I wanted a smooth, creamy look this time.

More then

And now

What I didn't know was how difficult it is to put pulls on a curved drawer. Mr. Bad did it for me last time and mentioned it, but it didn't sink in.

I spent almost an hour out in the garage digging around for pulls I thought would work only to find they weren't even close.

Then I got medieval on the last pair and started bending them and bending them until the angle of the screw matched the back of the pull. Geez. You can see how the pull is bent out on the ends.

I used a bright contact paper inside to liven up the neutral colors a bit.




Another piece that I totally love but can't keep. sigh. I asked Mr. Bad about adding on to the house so I could have more room for furniture but I don't recall his exact answer. But I got the gist of it, I think.
............

And what's in the guest bath waiting its turn for paint?


A very cool old cabinet. Check out those pulls!

linking to
miss mustard seed
nifty thrifty things 
flamingo toes
my uncommon slice of suburbia
diy show off

1 comment:

  1. loved the first paint job, loved the second paint job more. you never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete