Friday, August 23, 2013

A new blue

This is my $5 Used to be Part of a Vanity nightstand. I wish I could have gotten both sides but no such luck. I love finding nightstands that used to be the sides of a vanity as they usually have more detail than traditional nightstands and most of the time they have legs. This little legless cutie-pie happened along just in time to be painted with one of three new colors from Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint. This is Artissimo and it is a rich, rich blue. I really like it and I'm picky about blue. And lots of other colors when I think about it. And there are three colors I. simply. won't. wear.

Oh, how the mind wanders. Back to my little blue nightstand. I used hemp oil over the Milk Paint instead of wax. It's a lot faster and has its own lustre. The knobs are original to the piece, but I mod-podged a floral abstract image over them.


Before I made these knobs, I purchased some big, clear, door-knob type knobs. And had second thoughts.


They looked like headlights.


Wanna see?



I dunno. I had a really hard time choosing so I asked my neighbors to vote. Now, 4 or 5 days later, the headlights  don't look so bad to me. sigh. BIG sigh.

I could go roaring in to my booth and change out the knobs before closing time .........

On second thought, I should save them to use with those 'car door handle' pulls I got a few weeks ago. Geez, I think the heat's gotten to me.



How I made the knobs:
I first painted the knobs white because that was the background color I wanted. I found a blue abstract floral print I liked and printed it out on white tissue paper. (Taped to regular printer paper.) Then I decoupaged the tissue paper onto the knobs.

There are 2 more new colors and I've used all of them now.
So pretty!


Hopefully I will have the Dried Lavender cabinet ready to post sometime this week. Meanwhile I can show you the 'before' shot. I'm excited about this piece and am already wondering where in the house it can go and what it will replace.

Cute, huh? It looks fabulous in Dried Lavender Milk Paint. I can't wait to see it finished!

Linking to:
furniture feature friday 
masterpiece monday 
wow us wednesday 
make it pretty monday
anything blue friday

3 comments:

  1. How cute that is. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that new paint you are using, I need to get 'me' some! The night stand is darling and I can't wait to see the lavender cabinet finished! You do such wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that new piece!! Been looking for one like that!!

    ReplyDelete