Friday, May 10, 2013

'Tis the Season! Move fast or get out of the way.

The rain is gone and yard sale season has finally hit Southern Oregon. My eyeballs roll up in my head before I can make it through all the postings on Craigslist. Prioritize, prioritize. I look at Estate Sales first. Probably everybody does, right? And I look for 'old tools' in the listing because that might mean there are casters and other nifty hardware things to be had. I especially love the farm and barn sales, along with about 100 other serious pickers around here. I've seen men RUN when the ribbon is cut. Actually run to get that unknown prize before someone else does. I once saw two men tackle a dress form.

I move at a slower pace but I still do just fine at the sales. This past week was especially fun. Take a peek!

A vintage milk shake blender

 Cool old kitchen tools

A nice kitchen scale

 Really pointy shoe forms, cowboy boots, maybe?

 Cute and little. What can I say? Yes, I know I'm missing one.

I've not seen a perfume atomizer like this before. It looks so masculine.

Another trunk. This one has beautiful leather. My plan is to make it into a coffee table but I have no idea how, yet. I don't want to damage the trunk by drilling through it to attach legs. Probably I'll have to get Mr. Bad to help me make a platform.
Any ideas?

Inside of trunk

 An unheard of free door and $1 windows

Another box. And awesome cream cans.

Old hardware. I love the casters and Victorian picture hangers.

Picture hangers. Who knew? I had to ask what they were.

Plus 3 chairs. And 5 more windows. Some screen doors.

FUN! And there's still tomorrow and Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. This from ONE day?! Amazing!
    My faves are the cream cans and old kitchen tools--especially the milk shake blender. Lots of fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO! No! That was from one week. I WISH I could find all that in one day!

      Delete
  2. I love old kitchen tools and the picture hanging hardware is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for windows. And doors. A free one is great! You hang in there with that nasty insurance company. Right will prevail. Try not to let it stress you. And bless your husband for tackling them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, I want to garage sale with you! My absolute favorites start with the truck and down the post! I love vintage hardware! What marvelous finds.

    My house is over 100 and I have never seen those victorian picture hangers, I did put that molding back up in my bedroom, so I need to find some of those. Thanks for mentioning what they are...now I am on the hunt.

    Great post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking the perfume atomizer is some sort of medical equipment. I bought one from a thrift/antique store that once was a pharmacy in a small town.The only difference is, your's has the misting end still attached. The owner was able to sell all the medical/pharmacy items left in the store when she bought it. I've been lucky enough to get finger scales with weights and a sweet little single set of weights,some empty flasks and medical grade storage bottles, 10 metal prescription file boxes, complete with the scripts in the Dr's. handwriting {which I destroyed, didn't want any legal problems,they had full names and the medicine on them} I even snagged the Pharmacist's diploma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You go girl! Great finds and my mind is spinning with the possibilities using those picture hangers. Thanks for the smile. So glad you joined us this week at Transformed Tuesday.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete