Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I seem to have a one track mind.

I can't help myself. I really can't. Remember when I said I wander around the house asking every piece of furniture "Wanna be a Union Jack?" Well .... so there I was. There was a giant blank piece of wood looming over me .... I can't help it. Really.



UPDATE! I was in a big fat hurry and didn't mention this is a mock-up in Photoshop. I always do a mock-up if my idea is something I really need to see before I dive in. Usually I just dive in, which is why I was in a big fat hurry. I had to rush outside with drop cloth and paint because I had an IDEA.

I'll be posting a tutorial of said idea soon.

Other ideas include:





And I still am considering just adding molding.

Such a huge canvas! So many possibilities!

4 comments:

  1. so SO much better. i still think your idea of some time of trim, maybe half column of some sort, would look cool on either side of the bed.

    Your wonderful tutorial is up on Mercantile Muse today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the "other ideas" you posted, especially 1 and 3! Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete