Monday, October 17, 2011

The bed that ate my work room.

I need some advice. We installed this murphy bed in my work room so we wouldn't have to make guests suffer on an airbed - even tho it was a NICE airbed.

What I didn't expect was the murphy bed swallowing my room. It is so big and in-your-face. So, my question is: has anyone out there ever painted a murphy bed? It IS a big canvas just waiting ....... for something. I am considering adding molding to give it more character and interest. The front is sooo flat.

Meanwhile, it looms over me like a giant while I work on other projects. So paint? Stain a GIANT Union Jack? hahhahahahah. yikes.

3 comments:

  1. I have seen a couple design shows where they paint it and add molding. The molding is a really good idea. Can't wait to see what you do with it, it really is a good canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if it was me, I'd use it as a design wall for my quilts. I'd hang a large piece of felt on it that could be removed when the bed was needed or if I wanted a tidier look in the room.

    Could you put up some sort of temporary display board, cloth, etc where you could post ideas or pipe dreams?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of the union jack, a big giant one across the entire front. Go big or go home on this one.

    I did see anthony of the antonio project on hgtv, use the front like it was a wall and mounted a big piece of artwork the homeonwer had created, on the front of the bed. It looked pretty cool. You could always do that, and you adhere with scotch velco strips and then you could change it out if you got sick of it.

    ReplyDelete